A Portfolio Manager (PM) has a number of opportunities to include custom content about themselves and their funds to potential Investors. However, it’s strongly advised that the PM be aware of the content guidelines as they set up their profile and manage funds.
The Portfolio Manager content guidelines ensure that the fund does not contain content that may be deemed misleading, abusive, or inappropriate.
A PM may customize the following aspects of a fund:
Find out more about these guidelines for each of these items below, or follow the link to find out how content is moderated if these guidelines are not followed.
Portfolio Manager profile
The profile is the PM’s best opportunity to let potential Investors know about themselves, and is displayed to Investors in every fund the PM manages. The PM is responsible for setting up their profile, which consists of the messengers and social media section, and the professional background section. A PM’s name cannot be customized, as it displays their real name as submitted during registration.
PMs must only include social media links to profiles they personally manage; though this is an optional element of the profile with a 300 character limit.
The professional background section is where the PM can share their trading style and experience, and more about their objectives as a PM. There is a 1 000 character limit for this section, so it is also important to be concise.
A PM can upload a photo of themselves from their device so long as it is:
- 800x800 pixels
- A .png or .jpg file
The profile photo is optional, but is understood to be of the PM’s actual face; any uploaded photos are checked and rejected if it does not include a real human face (flowers, cartoons, animals, etc).
Fund name and description
There is an opportunity to create a fund name (From 1 to 20 characters) and description (From 1 to 500 characters) during fund creation, but these can be changed at any time when managing the fund. The fund name and description are visible to all Investors, even those who do not have investments within the fund.
Any content that is provided by the PM is subject to moderation, and immediate action may be taken against PMs that violate our guidelines. This moderation extends even to messages existing in any form shared through any Exness affiliates products, including the Portfolio Management platform.
Exness reserves the right to reject and/or block the visibility of proposed and/or existing funds for any reason including (but not limited to) the following:
- The provided description of the Fund and/or any Social Media page of the PM connected to the Fund, is not in accordance with the provisions of the Agreement and/or any other regulation of the Company and/or it contains illegal and/or unethical references and/or does not make sense and/or lacks consistency and/or provides misleading information;
- The selected name for a Fund and/or of any Social Media page of the PM connected to the Fund is misleading and/or insulting and/or contains racist or religious references and/or refers to illegal actions, and/or does not respect certain moral or ethical standards;
- The selected picture connected to a profile presents a minor (child) and/or is inappropriate and/or is misleading and/or insulting of a race and/or any religion and/or refers to illegal actions, and/or does not respect certain moral standards and/or is unethical;
- The PM’s account does not have sufficient funds as per the minimum requirements of the specific PM account type;
- For any other reason considered as relevant and appropriate by the Company.
It is suggested that any messages sent by users of Exness services are in accordance with the below-mentioned rules:
- Making statements as to their eligibility to provide the Portfolio Management services which may require a license, registration, and/or similar in their state of residency and/or in the residency status of the investors. Deception and impersonation are forbidden (e.g. the PM should not state or imply that the Fund is managed or represented by a specific company if the Exness account is not registered with that same company);
- Making statements that Exness and/or its affiliates endorse, maintain any control, and/or guarantee the accuracy and/or completeness of the Content published, posted, or shared by them with other users (e.g. Exness Fund, approved by Exness);
- Making false statements about their knowledge and experience and/or their trading strategy and/or their authorization and/or mislead in any way other users;
- Making statements that are abusive, defamatory, harassing, and/or insulting statements to Exness, its affiliates, employees, shareholders, and/or any of its associates and/or other users or otherwise;
- Making statements that advertise or promote any other entities and/or any services unrelated to the product;
- Making statements that contain sexually explicit and/or any grossly offensive content, including expressions of bigotry, racism, hatred, or profanity or that is hateful, threatening or pornographic; incites violence or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
- Sending or otherwise posting unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam);
- Collecting and/or using/copying users' content or information, or otherwise accessing our websites and/or Services, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers);
- Engaging in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on our websites and/or using our Services;
- Uploading viruses or other malicious code;
- Soliciting personal information and/or login information or access an account belonging to someone else;
- Using Exness websites and/or Exness Services to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
- Doing anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Exness, such as a denial of service attack and/or facilitate or encourage any violations of these rules.
- Making misleading and/or absolute and/or false/untrue statements about the Fund and/or the performance of a strategy and/or guaranteeing the performance of the strategy/Fund and/or making descriptions which are not balanced enough - overwhelmed on the positive side (e.g. guaranteed profit, best fund, stable income, start making money, make you rich, become a millionaire). Such statements should be avoided or at least accompanied by relevant and appropriate risk disclosures. For example, to avoid absolute statements you may use words such as ‘potential’, ‘possibility’, ‘may’, ‘estimated’;
- Introducing or presenting themself as an employee or representatives of Exness. stating that your activities and actions are endorsed by Exness (e.g. Exness Portfolio Manager);
- Making references to and using visuals/logos of third parties including but not limited to regulatory bodies, authorities, and others without possessing the relevant permissions;
- Creating fund names or fund descriptions which do not make sense or have actual/useful meaning;
- Making references to bank account details;
- Making unsubstantiated restrictions/giving instructions to investors on how, when, and how much to invest and/or withdraw, or similar.
Portfolio Manager Content Guidelines constitute an integral part of the Exness client agreement and we also reserve the right to ban a user in case of constant violation of the rules described in the Exness client agreement.