As a Strategy Provider, you will be executing trades for the trading strategies created for investments by Investors and earn performance fees. Your trades are then copied to your Investors’ investment using a copy coefficient.
- Log into your Personal Area (PA).
- Head to the Portfolio Management tab.
- Click on the Portfolio Copying card.
Next, we’ll show you how to get started as a Strategy Provider (SP):
- Complete the onboarding process
- Creating your first strategy
- Strategy guide
Complete the onboarding process
KYC involves fully verifying your PA before embarking on your Portfolio Management Solution journey. This includes:
- To submit Proof of Identity (POI)
- To submit Proof of Residence (POR)
- To complete the Economic Profile
Verification is only required once for a respective Strategy Provider’s entire PA. To know more about how to go about verification, read our detailed article here which includes an instructional video.
Once verified, you can create a profile; an essential part of acquiring Investors. It is advisable to pay great attention to details when creating your profile, as this will be visible to potential Investors looking to invest in your strategy.
Details required in the profile sections are:
- Upload a clear and actual photo of yourself. The technical requirements of the photo will be displayed when making an upload.
Messengers and social media platforms
- Add your preferred social media and messenger accounts for Investors to contact and stay connected to you on those platforms.
- Give Investors a little insight into your trading style, experience, goals, and outlook on portfolio management solution.
Important: Do keep in mind that there are content guidelines to follow when creating your profile to ensure that the content does not contain information that may be deemed misleading, abusive, or inappropriate. Learn how to edit your Portfolio Management Solution profile.
Code of Ethics
After completing your profile, Strategy Providers are required to accept the Code of Ethics by passing a short questionnaire with the purpose of building lasting relationships with your investors.
This is to ensure Strategy Providers are aware and share the same values with their investors such as prioritizing their investor’s best interests, providing fair and reasonable fees, and being responsive to requests and complaints.
This is a mandatory procedure for Portfolio Managers and Strategy Providers. The number of attempts to pass the questionnaire is unlimited. Those with an unaccepted code of ethics will be not able to invite investors, share their strategy links, and create strategies.
Creating your first strategy
- On your PA, click on the Portfolio Management tab.
- Click Create.
- Select Portfolio Copying.
- Set a trading password and select a Leverage option. Click Continue.
- Set a Strategy Name and Strategy Description. Click Continue.
- The Strategy name is important, so keep it clear and professional to attract Investors.
- The Strategy description is the best chance to share your trading experience, strategy, and a bit about yourself; take the time to use this to your advantage.
- Set up a performance fee rate and minimum investment amount.
- Next, select the type of start allocation, either Instant start or Manual start.
- Instant start: Any time an Investor opens an investment for this strategy, all orders, including existing open orders, will be copied to the investment immediately.
- Manual start: When an Investor opens an investment, you will receive a start allocation request; You can then decide when to start allocating orders based on your trading strategy. All orders, including existing open orders, will be copied by that investment once allocated.
- Click Create a strategy.
Your strategy is now created.
- Strategy Providers can invite Investors, add Investors to strategies, and start allocation only if they have a significant TRL. The level of the strategy (i.e. green, yellow, red, etc.) does not impose restrictions on strategies; only whether it is significant or non-significant applies. Learn more about the trading reliability level.
- An SP can only create up to 100 strategies per PA. Every strategy contains one trading account. There is no ability to increase this number.
Once you’ve created a strategy, there will be a guide displaying the steps to be taken for the strategy and to show the progress of your strategy.
Note: The strategy guide will be hidden once you’ve completed all the steps.
Step 1: The first step to be taken is to make a deposit. The link will be displayed for you to take immediate action. A minimum of USD 500 is required as the equity has to be a minimum of USD 400 for the strategy to be shared.
Step 2: Once you have significant TRL it is time to invite Investors to join your strategy. You can do so by sharing the strategy link, strategy code, or QR code.
Note: You have to accept investor requests in order to make your strategy available for investing to the requesting investor under the Requests tab. A Strategy will be available for investment only if your equity is more than USD 400.
Step 3: The next step is to perform trading. Every order will be allocated across investments in a strategy based on Portfolio Copying rules.
Step 4: The final step would be getting your first performance fee from investments with profit. You will receive a performance fee at the end of the billing period for each investment that has a profit. The fee will be credited automatically to your dedicated trading account.
The guide displayed will be hidden once all the steps have been completed. A green tick will appear next to the strategy name on the strategy details page and in the strategy list, indicating the successful completion of all steps.
Here are some articles you may find useful when creating your strategy:
- What is the account type available for Portfolio copying?
- Why must a fund/strategy display my real name?
- How many funds/strategies can be created by a Portfolio Manager/Strategy Provider?
- Are there any risks for traders using Portfolio Management Solutions?
Once you’ve created a strategy, the next steps are to:
- Make deposits as a Strategy Provider
- Start trading to achieve the required trading reliability level
- Invite Investors to invest in your strategy
- Manage and optimize your strategy
You are now a Strategy Provider.